- A/H1N1 hybrid virus swamps UK. 100,000 new cases in a single week reported.
- WHO: Flu has spread to "almost every country." WMR report on May 13, 2009: "almost all the countries of the world will experience an A/H1N1 outbreak within the next few months."
- Kazakhstan reports first flu cases. Three infected students returned from London.
- Labor Party humiliated in by-election trouncing in England. Tories take Labor seat.
- Member of NJ Gov. Jon Corzine's cabinet resigns in Rabbi-gate scandal. Joseph Doria, commissioner of the Department of Community Affairs, not charged in criminal probe.
- Majority of Americans oppose both Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Republicans favor wars over Democrats.
- New York Post uses term "Kosher Nostra" in article. Term first cited in WMR on January 28, 2008, as one coined by late Nixon and Reagan adviser.