what internet

ONENESS, On truth connecting us all: https://patents.google.com/patent/US7421476B2

Friday, July 02, 2021

Reclaiming the Narrative of Black Fatherhood - RWJF

Reclaiming the Narrative of Black Fatherhood

I recognize that I am blessed to be able to find balance. Many obstacles prevent fathers from being fully present in their family's day. Because of the environment I grew up in, I intimately understand the forces holding people back. I’m referring not just to a culture that only encourages men to pursue a very narrow set of traditionally masculine career paths, but also systems that make it difficult for men to take time off when they have a new baby or a sick parent. There is no question that policymakers can do more to break down those barriers with reforms like paid family leave.

    My dad was great showing me so much about this!
    I am so grateful . . . my big take away:
  1. always pray for guidance!
  2. bring kids t o church!
  3. save all the time you can to be with your kids
    1. yes, I would eat, read, work and play with them as much as possible
    2. make everything into a learning game, 
      1. let's do dishes, laundry, clean TOGETHER!
    3. navigate these evolving dynamics to grow with them!
  4. always listen TO THEM first!
  5. paraphrase and "what do you think?" before offering answers!
  6. never spank!  Discipline can be more chores, or less fun


No comments: